I don’t dream big but I do have an imagination larger than life. I dream of simple things; simple pleasures. Such as being with someone I “like a lot” for the rest of my life. But when that certain someone is betrothed to another, I use my imagination. I imagine that this other woman will find an amazing, fabulous man and leave “this one” for me.
I am not a man-eater not do I have looks to die for. Hence the imagination plays a huge role in me fulfilling my carnal pleasures.
So, how far do you think it is ok to ‘like someone a lot” in Islam? I asked the “man” himself. According to him, love is an uncontrollable human emotion. You cannot control who you fall in love with. But you CAN control your actions in love.
In this case, if I were to act on my impulses, I would be considered a “home wrecker”. And InshAllah I will not become that woman and InshAllah I will have enough self-respect to get through this with dignity.
Speaking of love and life, do you think Allah gives us signs about our future soul mate? What is the significance of falling in love with someone based on their religiousity? Or based on their good nature? Are you more likely to “get someone” in life if you are not in love with them due to worldly reasons of money, physical attraction etc?
Well, clearly I do not have answers to these or I would have been married to him by now (lol).
Here is what I want to convey to my fellow women readers, do not be a witch. Do not try and “steal” a man. What goes around, comes around. You love someone, fine. But do not try to take over anyone’s life or ruin another woman’s. I think this is a sisterhood code we are missing : Thou Shalt NOT steal another “sister’s” Man! Just wait till he comes to you ;) (just kidding)
My plans for the day: Attend a super boring “volunteer” meeting. Why can’t we just volunteer and let it be? ugh
Pet Peeves for today: Why do I not have followers yet? (WHY NOT? Well I sort of know why, I have not been marketing this blog just yet :P)
I am in love today with: With the idea of love.
Pet Peeves for today: Why do I not have followers yet? (WHY NOT? Well I sort of know why, I have not been marketing this blog just yet :P)
I am in love today with: With the idea of love.
The Hijabist
No comments:
Post a Comment