Monday, 18 July 2011

Half a bagel and a tiny tub of Philly cream cheese * 2

As I started lathering the top half of my multigrain bagel (great source of roughage) with a tiny tub of Philly cream cheese, I realised that I was going to have some cheese leftover. Opened another tiny tub of cream cheese and lathered the bottom half of the bagel. I ran out of cheese on that half. Why the discrepancy? I did a thorough investigation of both bagel halves and realised that the bottom one had air-pockets that were eating up my cheese.

So what is the whole point of this analogy?

Sometimes, life gives you bagel and not enough cheese. Sometimes your bagel is full of air-pockets and you have to level it out by filling it with extra cheese. Life, my kids, is like a bagel. Sometimes you fall short, sometimes you have extra. In the end, it does a full circle. and sometimes you are stuck sitting next to a person who stinks up your nostrils with the smell of ham (ew).

What about the times when you are not satiated by just a bagel? That is when you should think about hungry children all over the world and say alhamdulillah. And remind yourself that you are on a never ending diet (sigh!).

Since Ramadan is coming up, let us all thank Allah for what we have. Let us strive to be better Muslims/humans/neighbours/children/parents/friends/bloggers. And also thank Allah for our tandoori chickens, biryani, kebabs and yes yes, a bagel full of cream cheese air-pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment