Sex Sex Sex. Getting it out of the way because you will be reading this word a lot today. I am humoured and frustrated at the same time. I believe you all will be able to relate once I explain this further.
1: The Cucumber, Banana and Zucchini ban: What is wrong with people these days??!? So an unnamed, unidentified "Muslim cleric" has put forth a ban on fruits and vegetables that resemble the male penis. I think he was so worried about committing zina with his eyes (watching a woman eat a banana) that he thought it would be a wonderful idea to ban everything that remotely resembles a penis. What was he thinking? (actually, nevermind... I rather not know). Astaghfirullah! I condemn such unislamic behaviour. For one, these fruits and vegetable are created by Allah. The audacity of the very idea of banning something that was created by Allah to be enjoyed by his humble believers makes me want to hurl him down the Big Ben (he is apparently European and I could think of nothing taller than Big Ben). Here is where I read about it: http://bikyamasr.com/50403/islamic-cleric-bans-women-from-touching-bananas-cucumbers-for-sexual-resemblance/
My frustration aside, I think we should also consider the idea that this might be a conspiracy concocted by KKK or ABB (Anders Behring Breivik) to make Muslims seem dumb.
In these tough times, I ask you all to use your logic with a spoonful of patience habibis!
2: Female Drivers = Pornography & Homosexuality: Majlis al-Ifta' al-A'ala of Saudi Arabia has come up with a report which outlines that women who drive will automatically give rise to homosexuality, promiscusity, adultery, pornography and divorce. Erm What? During Prophet Muhammad SAW's time, women rode camels and horses. If it was ok for the Prophet SAW, then it should be ok for the Saudi women. It irks me to think that Saudi Arabia does not think letting men drive will not give rise to all of the sins mentioned above.
This is not an Islamic issue. This is a Saudi issue. This is an issue of the culture. Are Saudi men afraid of the power of women? I do not think they should be as Prophet Muhammad SAW celebrated his wives, each one of them a strong, liberal woman.
Also, just cause a woman drives it does not mean her testosterone levels will increase and she will turn into a lesbian. Or that they will commit adultery or pornography. I am pretty sure they all can still do it. What are taxis for?
3: Sex in Islam: This is about to get very deep habibis. I have had some very recent conversations with non-believers and it shocked me as to how ignorant they were about Islam and Sex in Islam. Some of the "accusations" I heard were: A husband cannot see a wife's naked body, sex is only for the purpose of reproducing and not for enjoyment, sex can only be performed at night. Now, these maybe based on cultural habits of a husband and wife but are definitely not a part of Islam. Islam promotes foreplay and various sexual positions (except anal sex) between a husband and a wife. Sex between a husband and a wife is a beautiful thing and Allah gives them extra heaven points (Thawab) for it as well. It is never mentioned in a crass or vulgar way in Hadith or Qur'an. An article that really rounds it up well is: http://muslimmatters.org/2010/05/27/sex-and-the-ummah-series-the-hadith-of-jabir/
Please pardonne moi for any spelling mistakes!
The Hijabist has just had a long day..... Are you following moi on twitter yet? If not, get on it tres quickly!
Much duas
XOXO
The Hijabist
No comments:
Post a Comment